DERRY LOOKS FOR FULHAM REVENGE
QPR midfielder Shaun Derry wants to exact revenge on Fulham this weekend after suffering a 6-0 thrashing at Craven Cottage earlier in the season.
Andrew Johnson's hat-trick spurred the Cottagers to victory in the first meeting of the west London rivals since 2001.
The teams come up against one another again on Saturday, where QPR will be hoping to gain a first victory over Fulham since 1983.
Derry wants to put October's 6-0 defeat to bed in a game that has added tension due to former Fulham duo Mark Hughes and Bobby Zamora moving to Loftus Road.
"It's another big game that we've got to win," the midfielder told the club's official website.
"It's against a local rival and also one that we lost 6-0 to only a few months back, which hurt the boys. It will be nice if we can avenge for that defeat.
"Fulham come with a Premier League pedigree. At our place, we haven't been doing so well.
"We've got to start looking at ourselves, first and foremost.
"Fulham are in front of us and that's the team that we've got to beat but, in my eyes, we took one of their top two centre-forwards off them in Bobby Zamora, so that's going to be beneficial for us."
QPR languish 17th in the Barclays Premier League heading into the fixture, with only goal difference keeping them out of the relegation zone.
The Rs have only recorded two victories from 12 home matches but Derry believes that run can change.
"We need to be confident and we need to approach the next 13 games with confidence that we're very capable of pulling away from trouble," he said.
"We've signed a number of top players this season and let's not forget that we were the team that got into this league as champions last year.
"We were by far the best team in the Championship last year. We have to take heart from what the last 12 months has brought this club.
"I don't think fans should forget that. I know it's nervy times at the minute, but let's not forget how we got here."
Meanwhile, QPR today confirmed the signing of teenage striker Petros Skapetis from South Melbourne.
The 17-year-old has penned an 18-month professional contract with the west Londoners and joins the club's centre of excellence as a first-year scholar.
QPR head of youth development Steve Gallen said of the deal: "We are pleased to bring Petros in.
"He is a good lad. He's quick, bright, lively and he wants to score goals.
"He can also play on the flanks and get crosses into the box. He is a good addition to our youth department."
QPR also announced today that reserve team manager Ronnie Jepson has left the club by mutual consent.
Press Association Sport understands Jepson is now likely to join up with former Rs boss Neil Warnock at Leeds.
The 63-year-old was appointed manager of the Elland Road club on Saturday and having seen former first-team coach Keith Curle given the Notts County manager's job is expected to hand that role to Jepson.
It is understood that Marc Bircham will take charge of QPR's reserve team until the end of the season.
Latest Football News at 18:00 GMT